IRIN is hiring!
Our goals are ambitious. We aim to become the reference for those in the business of saving lives, all of those who care about the causes, responses, effects and impacts of crises. And we’re bringing together some of the sharpest minds in the business to make this happen. Conflicts and natural disasters are on the rise. The number of people affected by humanitarian crises has doubled in the last decade. $22 billion were spent in emergency relief in 2013. Meanwhile, mainstream media coverage has been in steady decline. And still, the international aid system has often failed those most in need.
As we chart a new way forward, IRIN is needed more than ever.
Current Job VacancieS
We are on the look-out for:
- Graphic designers, developers, social media geeks, and other techies who can design infographics, analyze web metrics, and make sure our content travels well and matches our high editorial standards with equally good presentation.
- Freelance writers, photographers and videographers who have a tendency to go to interesting places, to find nuggets of interesting detail, and to innovate in format and delivery. Looking specifically for writers reporting from South Africa, Belgium (on EU/humanitarian affairs), Central Asia and China.
- Investigative reporters and journalists who can cull data for trends
- Operational: Down the road, we’ll be recruiting high-level management positions, including a COO, CTO, HR Manager, and Marketing/Partnerships Director.
- If you fit one of these profiles, or are otherwise interested in our mission, please get in touch using the form below